Are you a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer with strong hands-on experience in hybrid, multinational environments? Do you like to be responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining hardware and software infrastructure for users all over the world? Are you interested in joining an informal team of ambitious industry experts, working closely with the development team?
The Senior Technical Support Engineer: the role
As a member of the I-SEC Tech team, the Senior Technical Support Engineer will install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including deployment and maintenance of Windows, Mac, VMware, Linux (Ubuntu) servers and hosts.
This will include direct responsibility for diagnosing problems, solving issues, assisting with desktop and server complications; working closely with the rest of the team, the development team & global users directly.
Perform network security design & integration; design and implement network topology to meet needs such as Cloud (Azure), Google Cloud Platform, VoIP, SAN, collocation, high availability servers and other projects. Including network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN Management and administration.
Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets. Plus, assisting in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices. This includes: monitoring, documenting, anticipating problems and suggesting solutions.
Work closely with colleagues and other stakeholders to meet team goals and improve processes and practices; manage projects and rapidly respond to urgent situations coordinating user and staff expectations, both during and outside of normal business hours.
I-SEC International Security was established in 2005 and specializes in the provision of advanced aviation security services worldwide. These include security consulting and security handling: security profiling, checkpoint screening, HBS screening, cargo security, and other services. In addition, the company provides standard as well as tailor-made training courses for security staff and management.
I-SEC's management and key personnel are widely recognized in the industry as developers of pioneering aviation security concepts, methods and technologies, focusing primarily on high-risk environments.
With its highly skilled and experienced professional staff, supported by proprietary technological innovations, I-SEC is ideally positioned to deliver cost-effective aviation security solutions and services to airlines and airports with varying operational volumes and needs.
Since 2005, I-SEC has been established in numerous European and Asian countries in order to efficiently supply aviation security services locally. Additionally, highly specialized security service contracts with major US carriers across Europe have been awarded to I-SEC.
I-SEC currently has over 6,000 employees at 16 international airports in The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Korea and Japan and is continuing to expand to other countries.
I-SEC is a fully owned subsidiary of ICTS International N.V. ICTS is a public company traded in the United States and as such all its subsidiaries, including I-SEC are obliged to act also according to the US regulations (Reporting also according to US GAAP, SOX compliance, etc).
Senior Technical Support Engineer: key tasks & responsibilities
- Infrastructure engineering & 24x7 support of hardware and software engineering for non-technical staff (approx. 6500) globally
- Assist with complicated desktop and server issues; managing deployments & implementations
- Working (proactively) on projects to diagnosing and solutioning complex issues, working closely with the team, and managing non-technical stakeholders (globally)
- Acting as a mentor to more junior engineers and interns in the team, and act as a liaison to the development team & non-technical departments
- Create & implement all necessary guidelines, monitoring processes & documentation according to best practices
- Take part in duty shifts to guarantee 24/7 support.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role: customer facing infrastructure engineering & 24x7 support
- Hands-on experience with implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Preferably with Windows,, Mac & Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems & Cloud Solutions (Azure & Google Cloud Platform)
- As well as: VMware, VPN, Network infrastructure & transport protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD)
- Proven track record of analysing and implementing solutions to network traffic, remote access, firewalls, encryption, authentication, authorization, configuration management - quickly adapting to and learning new technologies
- Communicatively strong: strong verbal & written, intercultural and presentational skills - excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to advise and guide non-technical staff, and collaborate closely with colleagues, with a willingness to engage in mentoring more junior team members and interns.
Competencies & orientation: Customer & solution oriented, Team player. Creative, Cultural Awareness, Communicative, Adaptable.
- A competitive salary + 8% holiday allowance
- 12 month contract starting; with the aim to transfer to indefinite
- 25 holidays (based on a full time workweek)
- Shift Allowance
- Laptop & telephone
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- Career development
- Occasional business travel
Are you an experienced Senior Technical Support Engineer and ready to be part of an informal yet professional working culture and impact a global organization? Apply with your CV and interview tomorrow!